About Me and this Blog

Atlanta, Ga, Ga, Georgia
my name is Bill Jabr I am a music producer/songwriter from Atlanta, Ga.

Friday, October 24, 2008

How the Recession is effecting music?


Lately I've been hearing a lot of people getting mad at records that glorify getting paid because of the state of the economy. All I can say about that is ok, whatever, there have always been songs about getting paid so just don't listen to them if you don't like them. Clearly, the recession so far hasn't had much effect on music. TI just sold 500,000 copies in 1 week which was more than his last album pre recession. Jeezy did 250 his first week. Lil Wayne is almost at 3 million. 2008 has been a huge come back year for hip-hop artists. So my question would be to you: do you think the recession over time will have an effect on the quality of music on mainstream radio? I would hope it would help considering if you're riding around stressed about paying a mortgage and jobless the last thing you should want to hear is crank that spiderman.. But then again, music has a very young consumer base so I guess it will be up to the kids.

No comments: